Board of Review

Residential Property Assessment Complaint Form
Farm Property Assessment Complaint Form

If you wish to formally contest your assessment, you can file a complaint with the Schuyler County Board of Review within 30 days of your assessment notice being published in The Rushville Times.

There are generally three bases for appealing an assessment:

  • Discrepancy in Physical Data (“The property records show I have a 2,400-square-foot house, but my survey shows I have only 2,200 square feet.”)
  • Valuation (“The equalized assessed value is greater than 1/3 of my property’s fair cash value”).
  • Equity (“My equalized assessed value is greater than comparable properties in my neighborhood.”)

Please note that the state Property Tax Appeal Board has consistently ruled that the amount of taxes paid or percentage of change in value from one year to the next is not a valid basis for an appeal.


Frequently Asked Questions